Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lake of Heaven - Crater Lake

In 2001, I took a business trip to California for the software system deployment. It was fortunate that I stayed there over the Labor Day holiday. I took this chance to travel to Crater Lake in Southern Oregon. When I arrived there, it was snowing; however, I didn’t feel cold due to low humidity contrary to that in Taiwan. The size of this volcano lake is 20.42 square miles, around 1/5 the size of Taipei City, which was really astonishing to me – especially its surface was at 1880 meters above the sea level. In addition, it was so blue, and was surrounding by sheer cliffs of high mountains, the tops of which were covered by shining white snow. Two small beautiful islands were located in the center and there were little birds and little cute squirrels jumping and running among the dark trees which were coated sparsely with snow. This immense(or vast) and magnificent scene was so impressive that I will always remember it.

No comments: